BADCC is operating in accordance with BC guidance
Safety – at all times the health and safety of members and other paddlers is of paramount importance.
Hardship – the Club recognises that some paddlers will be experiencing financial hardship and will work to minimises its impact on their ability to paddle.
Guidance – the Club will follow guidance issued by HM Government and by our national governing body, British Canoeing. The Club notes that this guidance is changing rapidly so this document is liable to change.
Risk Assessment - For a copy of the Club's Risk Assessment, which has been updated to reflect the current COVID-19 protocols, please click here
Outdoor Paddling Sessions
BADCC interpretation of British Canoeing and Government guidance is that recreational paddling is currently allowed under the the following circumstances
- in groups of up to six people
- with the people you live with (your household) + one other household
- club organised activities lead by a club Coach, Instructor or Paddle Leader (includes our Club Nights and Saturday morning paddles)
Annual member renewal is due in April. Current members should not experience financial hardship as a result of renewing their membership.
- Membership subscriptions for 2020-21 will be reduced by 25% to reflect the fact that paddling activities are likely to cease or at least be seriously reduced for at least 3 months. This reflects payment for period July 2020 to March 2021.
- The normal membership year will remain from April through March but membership for the year 2019-2020 will be extended to the end of June 2020.
- Subject to any change required for the transfer to the British Canoeing Club Together scheme, completion of a membership form will be required to continue membership into 2020-21.
- Where members feel able to pay membership subscriptions, they should be encouraged do so in order that relief can be given to members who cannot pay. Any payment beyond the 75% fee will be treated as a donation and eligible for Gift Aid.
- Where members feel unable to pay due to financial hardship they should contact the Club Secretary, Marina Crean. Payment will be deferred to 1st October 2020 in the first instance: that date will be reviewed in June 2020 and quarterly thereafter until the end of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In the event that subscription payments are deferred beyond 1st April 2021, outstanding payments for the year 2020-21 will be waived.