We are paddling on the Basingstoke Canal in the Spring and Summer (April to September)
On Wednesdays we paddle on the Basingstoke Canal and meet at 6:30pm at Colt Hill, Odiham. We are generally finished by 8:30pm (finish time depends on daylight so tends to be earlier in April and September!)
In addition, we also have some sessions on Saturday mornings from 9:30 - 12:30. These do not happen every week, so you need to look at the Club Calendar
The Basingstoke Canal is suitable for all abilities, including complete beginners.
If you need to borrow a club boat (at a cost of £7, including paddle, buoyancy aid etc) please turn up by 6.45pm (on Wednesday evenings) or 9.30am (on Saturday mornings) to get a boat from the boat store.
Directions to Colt Hill (from the M3) are as follows:
- Leave the M3 at Junction 5 and follow the A287 south (4th exit from motorway roundabout- signposted Odiham).
- At the next roundabout, take the 2nd exit (still A287).
- Follow the A287 for about 2km, until the next roundabout.
- Turn right here, into Odiham.
- After about ½ a mile take the sharp right turn (indicated to the Wharf )
- Continue along this lane, past the Waterwitch pub, over the canal and at the end of the lane turn right into the car park.
- We are generally found at the extreme right hand end of the car park.