QMC Pool Update
Spring 2021 Season
QMC Swimming Pool Sessions Cancelled Until Further Notice
When we restart pool sessions, there will be a few changes to the way we operate.
- As before, pool sessions will be for half an hour and will start 7:15, 7:45, 8:15 and 8:45
- To start with, we will be limiting numbers to 6 on the pool at any time, to ensure proper distancing. We may increase this later.
- We will not be taking bookings at the pool, or over the phone.
- The cost of sessions will be £5 per half hour and will be strictly open to current BADCC members (or members or BCCC & BVCC, if there is space).
- Payment will be via BACS, directly to the Club's account
- Sort Code: 20-05-00, Account Number: 63937313. Please use the reference: YourName-Pool .
- The only people allowed at the pool will be those paddling (and a parent/driver if applicable) and the club members running the session (Life Guard, Coach, Desk Officer etc)
- You will need to come "paddle ready". The changing room will only be available after your session.
- We will have a set of operating procedures which will seem quite strict, but are necessary. These will be sent out to Club members shortly, but the first time you come to the pool, someone will run through them with you.
- There will be a club coach "running" each session who will be at the poolside, or on the water, and available for ad-hoc coaching and advice, if required.
- As always, if you bring your own kit, please ensure it is squeaky clean before bringing it into the pool (i.e. no mice living in it!)
QMC Swimming Pool Sessions - Spring 2020
REMAINING SESSIONS CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
Our swimming pool sessions are at the QMC Sports Centre Pool between 7.15pm and 9.15pm every Wednesday from 8th January until 25th March
The BADCC pool phone number is 07874831362. Members can call this number (between 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm on Wednesday evenings only) to check availability of sessions, and book places.
The Spring 2020 pool programme, with additional information, is available here.
Pool Session Info
BADCC holds swimming pool sessions in the pool in Queen Mary's College sports centre on Wednesday evenings from September over the winter until the following April. Click Here for map pointer to QMC.
- For the first (7.15pm) session, children must be changed and already in buoyancy aids at 7 o'clock.
- Everyone should arrive in good time for their session.
- Open Sessions can be pre-booked the week before. People can come to the pool and book or use the pool phone.
- For the Open Sessions, we will aim to have at least one coach (preferably more) available for tuition and advice