Children's Paddle - Colt Hill - Back Next Spring
Friday Evenings Children's Paddles now finished until next April
During the spring and summer the Club runs a fun session for younger paddlers on the Basingstoke Canal each Friday evening from 6.00 to 7.30pm each week. These sessions have now finished for 2017 but will re-start in April 2018.
Paddling Safely on the Canal
During the summer when we are paddling on canals and rivers and have a couple of months away from the confines of the pool, it is important that we pay particular attention of the abilities and requirements of the whole group. Here are a few ground rules:
Access to Local Rivers and Canals
A brief reminder that a licence is required for most local rivers and canals:
Protect the Environment
Be sure to:
- Leave the environment as you find it.
- Take your litter home with you.
- Keep noise to a minimum.
- Do not damage bankside vegetation when launching or landing.
- Where possible keep to any designated paths or launching points.
- Canoe a safe distance away from wildlife