March to September
Monthly taster sessions will be run from Colt Hill Clubhouse on the Basingstoke Canal in Odiham throughout the summer.
Children's Paddle - Colt Hill
Friday Evenings Children's Paddles will re-start in May
During the spring and summer the Club runs a fun session for younger paddlers on the Basingstoke Canal each Friday evening from 6.00 to 7.30pm each week. These sessions will re-start in May 2022.
Paddling Safely on the Canal
During the summer when we are paddling on canals and rivers and have a couple of months away from the confines of the pool, it is important that we pay particular attention of the abilities and requirements of the whole group. Here are a few ground rules:
Access to Local Rivers and Canals
A brief reminder that a licence is required for most local rivers and canals: this includes the Basingstoke Canal. See requirements below for local waterways
Protect the Environment
Be sure to:
- Leave the environment as you find it.
- Take your litter home with you.
- Keep noise to a minimum.
- Do not damage bankside vegetation when launching or landing.
- Where possible keep to any designated paths or launching points.
- Canoe a safe distance away from wildlife