Saturday 3rd August

With the arrival of August even the latest of the wild flowers in the meadow had passed their prime.  It was time to start cutting the meadow.

Sunday 30th June

This morning's work started by removing a pile of soil that had collapsed in from the side of the excavation.

Wednesday 26th June

With our return to meeting at the canal on Wednesday evenings there has been an opportunity to undertake some basic maintenance and improvement work on the site.  This evening we started building the brickwork sides to the catchpit by the entrance.

Tuesday 18th June

This was a our first midweek digger day of 2013.  Our target to remove another 40 cubic metres of unwanted subsoil and work towards getting vehicular access to the new hardstanding.

Saturday 18th May

Now that the site has dried out after winter a larger work party was arranged to bag up topsoil for reinstatement so that the surplus could be removed when we next have a skip.

Saturday 4th May

We removed the pile of scrap metal, made progress with the hand excavation around the ash tree and tidied the temporary fence in the vicinity of the ash tree.  The ground is now drying out so work is practical once again.